Friday, December 6, 2013

My wish

I want to settle.

Settle and be calm, still, and quiet.
Let my brain relax.
Let my hands rest in my lap.

I want to be like a snow globe after it has been shaken.
I want all of my pieces to drift down into a comfortable place.

Once I get settled, I want time.
Time for all of my synapses to recognize each other.
Time for them to remember me as whole, the sum of my parts.

I want to recognize myself away from my many roles in the snow storm that is daily life.
I want to remember when I was first thought of, when I first sparked into existence, when I was full of possibilities.
Before I was defined by my choices.

I want to breathe.  I want to feel my soul expand with clean thoughts and intentions.
I want to rest here until I feel myself waking.
I want to rest until an internal desire for action stirs me.
Then I will open my eyes feeling new and ready.

J. Tackett





2 comments:

  1. yes! i'd love to feel that settled, that peaceful, at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it was pretty settling to write about that prompt so "thanks" Amanda.

    ReplyDelete