Thursday, December 5, 2013

In a flash of realization and clarity I was sent a message.
It came from nowhere but will be so important for me to remember.
It went something like this...

Do not ignore her.  
Do not cold shoulder her.  
Do not hold a grudge.

When she comes to you for forgiveness, forgive her easily and whole heartedly.  She is looking for the answers that she cannot find within herself.  Give them to her straight without strings.

Stop with the warnings, the cautions, "if this than that".
Let her discover.  Let her succeed.  Let her fail.

She is first my thought, my baby, my young lady, but only mine for a little while. Through all of this, I will be her mother.

We will only truly come back together after she is grown and is transformed into a mother herself if she so chooses.

From this point on, she will continue to expand into something too big for me to hold.  Too precious for me to keep to myself.
Only the universe can contain her now.

J. Tackett for Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment