Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Should/Shouldn't  (writing prompt from Amanda at Habit of being)

I should go to sleep when my babies go to sleep.
         eat the leafy greens in my vegetable drawer.
         floss every single night.
         let things go by.
         vacuum my rugs.
         be patient.
         keep working on myself.
         keep knitting.
         finish a painting.
         stop judging.
         focus inward.
         share.
         fulfill promises.
         keep secrets.
         let old wounds heal.
         protect my family.
         make homemade bread.
         mean it when I smile.
         be generous.
         make new friends.
         keep in touch.
         donate.
         make love to my husband.
         walk in the woods.
         plan our next adventure.
         stop planning and start doing.
         celebrate the present.
         cut everyone some slack.

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment